Falkerin™ Recruitment specializes in Legal & Compliance, Accountancy & Finance as well as Banking and Operational Services recruitment. We are also often mandated to assist in recruiting for Business Support roles such as HR, Personal Assistant, Receptionist or Administrative Officer positions. We work with leading financial institutions in Luxembourg. Our clients’ portfolio include major Service Providers, leading Fiduciaries, Management Companies, Real Estate Investments and global Private Equity Houses.
Please see below job description and if you believe you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for the post please send us your CV in English by clicking on the below APPLY button.
Alternatively you can send us your profile to email@example.com. Please make sure to include job Reference#.
- Define and execute a risk based compliance monitoring programme for the Luxembourg based activities such as UCITS management company, AIFM and MiFID investment firm including additional activities undertaken by the Luxembourg based entities through branches in other European branches
- Responsible for executing the compliance monitoring program through planning and undertaking desk-based and thematic reviews to identify areas of concern, communicating them to key stakeholders and management and follow through of corrective actions.
- Preparation of documentation such as detailed scoping, working papers outlining tests undertaken and results found, and formal reports completed for senior management, input into Compliance reports and board papers
- Agreeing the annual compliance monitoring program with the Manageement, and other members of the Compliance Team for the Luxembourg based Management Company, and through liaising with Risk, Internal Audit and UK based Monitoring teams
- Keeping up-to-date with all relevant regulatory developments, assessing the implications for the business and revising the compliance monitoring universe accordingly
- Assisting and liaising with business partners to assess all areas of regulatory risk, highlighting those risks and liaising with the business to improve controls
- Undertake ad hoc reviews as agreed with the line manager and in particular provide support to team colleagues where issues arise that require further investigation and/or control improvements
- Lead on some aspects of regulatory reporting, responding to regulatory information requests and planning to support regulatory visits
- Potential to participate in various industry and trade body committees
- Represent compliance on strategic projects and initiatives
- Work in collaboration with other compliance team members to meet departmental goals and objectives
- Liaison with external auditors as may be necessary from time to time
- Detailed understanding of the regulatory environment and principles
- Minimum 5 years of experience in compliance, compliance monitoring or with strong audit background
- Experience in the definition and execution of compliance monitoring programs
- Strong knowledge of asset management regulation and practices and fund industry
- Fluent in English, French and ideally German, Dutch or Italian. Swedish proficiency would be considered as an advantage
- Assertive, Pro-active team player with the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and able to communicate at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines while working in a dynamic environment