Falkerin™ Recruitment specializes in Legal & Compliance, Accountancy & Finance as well as Banking and Operational Services recruitment. We are also often mandated to assist in recruiting for Business Support roles such as HR, Personal Assistant, Receptionist or Administrative Officer positions. We work with leading financial institutions in Luxembourg. Our clients’ portfolio include major Service Providers, leading Fiduciaries, Management Companies, Real Estate Investments and global Private Equity Houses.
Please see below job description and if you believe you have relevant experience and would like to be considered for the post please send us your CV in English by clicking on the below APPLY button.
Alternatively you can send us your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include job Reference#.
- Providing legal advice to the distribution and institutional business across Europe as and when required, including in relation to agreements with institutional clients, fund managers and other product providers
- Drafting and negotiating of various agreements (including complex multi-territory distribution agreements), investment management agreements and other commercial agreements related to the mutual fund and institutional businesses
- Supporting business initiatives of the retail and other business areas, including the new brokerage business
- Supporting the UK and wider European wholesale retail distribution process, covering distribution contracts with banks, platforms, insurance companies and other intermediaries
- Providing legal support and advice to Compliance and other Global Oversight functions, sales and marketing teams, and customer services. Develop contact with other lawyers and with key business owners/clients
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of key applicable law and industry best practice
- Ensure the appropriate management of legal risks
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for legal advice on a wide variety of matters
- Qualified commercially thinking lawyer with solid and relevant experience
- Candidate can be qualified in the UK or another country. Very good demonstrable English language skills are essential
- Relevant experience in financial services, primarily with regard to funds, including an understanding of applicable rules and regulatory framework as well as the relevant European regulations
- Technical knowledge of UK/European mutual fund products an advantage
- Solid knowledge of corporate and general commercial law
- Good drafting (in English language) and other legal skills
- Ability to work and manage projects under minimum supervision
- Positive, pro-active attitude suited to being a team member within a dynamic business environment